It is a requirement for us to provide you with a short written summary of your child’s development when they are between 24 and 36 months old.
This will focus on the three prime areas of the EYFS:
- Personal, social and emotional development
- Communication and language
- Physical development
We want to work with you to support your child’s development at every age and this progress check is just another part of this process. Your child’s key workers will be completing the check.
At the two year old check your child’s key worker will:
- Review your child’s development, identify their strengths and see if they need extra support in any areas
- Make sure that you understand your child’s development and that we know about their interests and needs so we can support them
- Help you to support your child’s development at home
- Agree how we can work together to support your child’s development including how we work with other health professionals if necessary.
The progress check at age two is different to the NHS health check (sometimes called a development review) and both checks are important. The health visitor will often contact us to discuss children who attend our Nursery so we can all work together to support children at this critical milestone.